Quotes from "Tuesdays With Morrie"

Quotes from "Tuesdays With Morrie"
click image for direct access

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Ten Quotes on Coincidences

A coincidence is "a sequence of events that although accidental seems to have been planned or arranged," according to the FreeDictionary. I've had so many in my life that I have lost count of them. Since I'm not a habitual note-taker or a diary-keeper, it will take me really serious effort to recall all those.

But I am suddenly conscious again about coincidences precisely because of several recent developments in my life that are so uncanny in terms of context, timing and significance, relative to what I am planning for my next career shift. I have not blogged here for two weeks now precisely because I've been busy with activities that will lead to my next "incarnation," this time as an entrepreneur. Join me as I explore further the nature of COINCIDENCES, as other people viewed or experienced it:

In the magical universe there are no coincidences and there are no accidents. Nothing happens unless someone wills it to happen. -William S. Burroughs

* * *

A coincidence is a small miracle in which God chooses to remain anonymous. -Unknown

* * *

Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys. -Emma Bull

* * *

Coincidences are spiritual puns. -G.K. Chesterton

* * *

There are no mistakes, no coincidences. All events are blessings given to us to learn from. -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

* * *

If you do something once, people will call it an accident. If you do it twice, they call it a coincidence. But do it a third time and you've just proven a natural law. -Grace Murray Hopper

* * *

If there were no such thing as coincidence, there would be no such word. -Heron Carvic

* * *

Coincidence, if traced far enough back, becomes inevitable. -Hineu

* * *

Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous. -Albert Einstein

* * *

Consciousness itself is an infinite regress. This explains coincidences. -Robert Anton Wilson

(Photo credit: www.sxc.hu)

Print

No comments: