Quotes from "Tuesdays With Morrie"

Quotes from "Tuesdays With Morrie"
click image for direct access

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Ten Quotes on Perseverance and Persistence

I have accepted long ago that life's problems, sufferings and pain are thrown our way for a purpose. They build character and make us better persons in the end; they are not meant to punish us or defeat us. And so it was with this spirit that I faced a most unusual challenge last week.

Like I wrote in my other blog, I never imagined that I would one day need to know how to code a blog template when I first decided to go blogging one year ago. I thought blogging was mere writing and that was it.

Anyway, a peculiar problem with one of the ads displayed on my other blog forced me to learn the XML language in a jiffy, from scratch! To make the long story short, I succeeded where I initially doubted if I could hack it. Only a stubborn failure-is-not-an-option attitude saved the day for me. Three cheers for perseverance and persistence!

Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines. -Robert Schuller

* * *

With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable. -Thomas Foxwell Buxton

* * *

Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did. -Newt Gingrich

* * *

The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one comes from a strong will, and the other from a strong won't. -Henry Ward Beecher

* * *

When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. -Franklin D. Roosevelt

* * *

The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places. -Author Unknown

* * *

Don't be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones will tend to take care of themselves. -Dale Carnegie

* * *

Fall seven times, stand up eight. -Japanese Proverb

* * *

The great majority of men are bundles of beginnings. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

* * *

It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. -Albert Einstein
Here's wishing you a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

(Thanks to www.stockxpert.com for the use of the royalty-free photo shown above)

Print

No comments: