Quotes from "Tuesdays With Morrie"

Quotes from "Tuesdays With Morrie"
click image for direct access

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Ten Quotes on Birthdays

I wanted to blog about my birthday last Saturday but I hestitated. I have already restructured my main blog to just focus on finance topics. Ditto for my other blogs, which have their own niches. This looks like my only blog where I could talk about birthdays and (hopefully) get away with it, so here goes:

The best birthdays of all are those that haven't arrived yet. -Robert Orben

* * *

My birthday!--what a different sound
That word had in my youthful ears;
And how each time the day comes round,
Less and less white its mark appears.
-Thomas Moore

* * *

No wise man ever wished to be younger. -Jonathan Swift

* * *

Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened. -Cora Harvey Armstrong

* * *

When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it happened or not. -Mark Twain

* * *

Men are like wine. Some turn to vinegar, but the best improve with age. -C.E.M. Joad

* * *

Age is a high price to pay for maturity. -Tom Stoppard

* * *

Growing old is like being increasingly penalized for a crime you have not committed. -Anthony Powell

* * *

If we could be twice young and twice old we could correct all our mistakes. -Euripides

* * *

You take all of the experience and judgment of men over 50 out of the world and there wouldn't be enough left to run it. -Henry Ford


(Photo credit: www.sxc.hu)

Print

No comments: