Quotes from "Tuesdays With Morrie"

Quotes from "Tuesdays With Morrie"
click image for direct access

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Ten Quotes on Failures


I'm feeling contemplative today. That's what a setback could do to me. I was hopeful about something positive to develop this week, but the news I received this morning was otherwise. I know that such experiences are meant to teach us a lesson. We just have to be perceptive. Let's wax philosophical about FAILURES through the wise words of other great men:

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. -Thomas Edison

* * *

Failure doesn't mean you are a failure... it just means you haven't succeeded yet. -Robert Schuller

* * *

Try again. Fail again. Fail better. -Samuel Beckett

* * *

Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat. -F. Scott Fitzgerald

* * *

There are defeats more triumphant than victories. -Michel de Montaigne

* * *

You always pass failure on your way to success. -Mickey Rooney

* * *

A failure is a man who has blundered but is not capable of cashing in on the experience. -Elbert Hubbard

* * *

My reputation grows with every failure. -George Bernard Shaw

* * *

The only real failure in life is the failure to try. -Sven Goran Eriksson

* * *

Success builds character, failure reveals it. -Dave Checkett


(Photo credit: www.stockxpert.com)

Print

No comments: