Quotes from "Tuesdays With Morrie"

Quotes from "Tuesdays With Morrie"
click image for direct access

Sunday, September 16, 2007

A Few Words on Life from Pablo Casals


Since I have just been through a period of reflection which resulted in my reinvention of this blog, this anecdote from an anonymous source which was emailed to me by a friend many years ago seem apropriate. Let me share this story with you:

A man should become all that he is created capable of being.

Think of the example of Pablo Casals, the small town boy who
became world famous as a musician. At four he sang Gregorian chants in the
parish church, at six he studied the piano and the organ and wrote music, at
seven he began to study the violin, at 11 he took up the cello...and so on, step
by step, until at 90, he conducted performances at three major symphonies, the
recordings of which are giving world-wide pleasure.

Whenhe was 83 years old, Casals was asked why he continued to practice four
and five hours every day. Casals gave this reason: "Because I think I am making
progress."

All that is expected of each of us--is that we will make the best use of
things that are within our power.
I think blogging is within my power, so here I am. Good day to all...

Print

No comments: