Quotes from "Tuesdays With Morrie"

Quotes from "Tuesdays With Morrie"
click image for direct access

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Quotes on Health


Health was a big issue in my life in May 2006 so I had to go under the knife. Since then, I have recovered the 30 lbs. I lost as a result of that problem. However, my recent regular check-up turned up with another "red flag". I saw a radiologist yesterday at the instance of my doctor. Things are still up in the air, and I will have to wait until that radiologist and my doctor have had time to discuss my new problem before they can tell me the next steps. Although I have not mentioned any specific detail about my problem, I'm sure you get the drift that my new problem is sort of life-threatening. Well, they haven't told me either; that's just my "feel". I would know more perhaps this weekend when I see my doctor again. Meantime, why don't I share with you some nice health quotes which I collected for my own consumption:

"If you trust Google more than your doctor then maybe it's time to switch doctors." -
Jadelr and Cristina Cordova, Chasing Windmills, 08-21-06

* * *

"As I see it, every day you do one of two things: build health or produce disease in yourself." -Adelle Davis

* * *

"Every patient carries her or his own doctor inside." -Albert Schweitzer (1875 - 1965)

* * *

"Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory." -Albert Schweitzer (1875 - 1965)

* * *

"Health is not valued till sickness comes." -Dr. Thomas Fuller (1654 - 1734), Gnomologia, 1732

* * *


"What some call health, if purchased by perpetual anxiety about diet, isn't much better than tedious disease." -George Dennison Prentice

* * *

"A wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses." -Hippocrates (460 BC - 377 BC), Regimen in Health

* * *

"Look to your health; and if you have it, praise God and value it next to conscience; for health is the second blessing that we mortals are capable of, a blessing money can't buy." -Izaak Walton (1593 - 1683)

* * *

"It's no longer a question of staying healthy. It's a question of finding a sickness you like." -Jackie Mason (1934 - )

* * *

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." -Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

* * *

"Pain (any pain--emotional, physical, mental) has a message. The information it has about our life can be remarkably specific, but it usually falls into one of two categories: 'We would be more alive if we did more of this," and, "Life would be more lovely if we did less of that.' Once we get the pain's message, and follow its advice, the pain goes away." -Peter McWilliams, Life 101

* * *

"The more severe the pain or illness, the more severe will be the necessary changes. These may involve breaking bad habits, or acquiring some new and better ones." -Peter McWilliams, Life 101

* * *

"One of the most sublime experiences we can ever have is to wake up feeling healthy after we have been sick." -Rabbi Harold Kushner

* * *

"Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing." -Redd Foxx (1922 - 1991)

* * *

"Quit worrying about your health. It'll go away." -Robert Orben
Source: QuotationsPage.com

(Thanks to www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov for the use of the above photo)

Print

No comments: