Quotes from "Tuesdays With Morrie"

Quotes from "Tuesdays With Morrie"
click image for direct access

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Ten Quotes on Hope


In my previous post, I shared with you the quotes I was able to collect on health to provide me with the needed perspective and wisdom on my current predicament. Today, I share with you the quotes that I collected to cheer me up and give me hope. Hope you also like these hope quotes (forgive the pun). You might need them someday. Who knows?

"He, who has health, has hope; and he who has hope has everything." -Arabian Proverb

* * *

"True hope is swift, and flies with swallow's wings;
Kings it makes gods, and meaner creatures kings." -William Shakespeare

* * *

"He who does not hope to win has already lost." -Jose Joaquin Olmedo

* * *

"Everything that is done in the world is done by hope." -Martin Luther

* * *

"Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come." -Anne Lamott

* * *

"“Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence.” -Lyn Yutang

* * *

"Hope is a waking dream." -Aristotle

* * *

"While there's life, there's hope." -Cicero

* * *

"Hope is only the love of life." -Henri-Frederic Amiel

* * *

"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches on the soul.
And sings the tune,
Without the words,
And never stops at all." -Emily Dickenson
(Thanks to www.sxc.hu for the royalty-free photo shown above)

Print

No comments: