Quotes from "Tuesdays With Morrie"

Quotes from "Tuesdays With Morrie"
click image for direct access

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Ten Quotes on Success

I received a pat on the back today after a successful presentation, which brought the project I've been working on since August this year just one step shy from final approval. I hope to get it tomorrow with one more presentation.

Musing on how things seem easier now to achieve compared to how it was in my younger years, I cannot help but ruminate that my success today didn't really come easy. I selected these ten quotes on success because each one of these speak a great truth in my career life.

Did success come easy for you or are you like me? See if you can identify with these quotes:

"Actually, I'm an overnight success. But it took twenty years." -Monty Hall

* * *

"Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm." -Sir Winston Churchill

* * *

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom." -General George S. Patton

* * *

"Eighty percent of success is showing up." -Woody Allen

* * *

"You will find the key to success under the alarm clock." -Benjamin Franklin

* * *

"It is wise to keep in mind that neither success nor failure is ever final." -Roger Babson

* * *

"Real success finding your lifework in the work that you love." -David McCullough

* * *

"Men are born to succeed, not fail." -Henry David Thoreau

* * *

"Success usually comes to those who are too busy looking for it." -Henry David Thoreau

* * *

"Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life." -Dr. David M. Burns

Print

No comments: